If you are considering shades for your home, do not overlook honeycomb shades! Honeycomb shades can be installed in tight spaces, fit specialty shapes, help with energy efficiency, be light filtering or room darkening, and childsafe with cordless options including top down bottom up! These are all great options packed into one powerful product!
- Tight Spaces – Honeycomb shades do not require a lot of depth to install. The smallest space only requires about ½” of space. They can also be a great outside mount option when you choose a small cell size because it won’t protrude out into the room like a blind or shutter. It will sit close to the window.
- Specialty Shapes – Most window coverings on the market are made to fit rectangular windows. Honeycombs can be made to fit arches, trapezoids and sliding glass doors. You can keep a consistent look and cover all the windows in your home with the same window covering. They are versatile!
- Energy Efficient – Honeycombs were invented for this very reason! The D-cell technology inhibits the flow of cold or warm air through the window and helps to insulate the home. The D-cell structure also has perfect pleats that will lost for a long time. They are remarkably strong in hot, sunny and humid climates.
- Child Safe – Honeycomb shades come with several cordless options. The most basic is the bottom-up design. By simply pushing the shade up from the bottom, it can be placed in any position or stacked all the way at the top. A unique function of a honeycomb shade is the ability to bring the top of the shade down. This is perfect when you want to preserve your view of the mountains, but block the neighbors house across the street. For privacy, it is also nice to be able to let the light in from the top of the window but keep the bottom of the shade closed.
- Opacity – There are 3 different opacities to choose from that range from room darkening or blackout to sheer. There are benefits and special circumstances that may determine the best opacity for you. Room darkening is perfect for blocking out all natural light while the shade is drawn, but letting all of the light in when they are up. Room darkening protects your home from 100% of the UV rays. They can also be ordered with a channel to block all the light for sleeping babies. Light filtering or semi opaque is perfect for privacy while letting the natural light in. The light filtering opacity protects from about 90% of the UV rays. In a situation where privacy is not needed but protection from UV rays and furniture is, choose the sheer option. This option is see-through but protects from 49.9% of UV rays.
While there are several different options when it comes to choosing window coverings, honeycomb is a great option. With many color options available, it is important to choose one that is neutral. Shades are an investment and it is important to choose a timeless color. Honeycomb shades are so versatile and can be made to fit all windows in your home. These surprising benefits may be just what you need. Contact one of our knowledgeable designers in Weber, Davis, Salt Lake or Utah county for a free estimate and to learn more about honeycomb shades. We serve the entire Wasatch Front!